The Safe Quality Food Institute (SQFI) recently presented four suppliers with awards for excellence in food safety at its 2015 Quality Achievement Awards at its International Conference in Indianapolis, Indiana.
The awards recognize individuals and organizations that contribute to and improve the SQFI program’s global mission to provide a rigorous and credible food safety management system. Finalists in each category were honored and recognized throughout the conference.
Ensuring food safety from farm to fork is a top priority for all food retailers and manufacturers, says SQFI Senior Vice President Robert Garfield.
“This year’s winners of our Quality Achievement Awards demonstrate how SQF certification goes beyond a simple food safety audit to inspire a comprehensive food safety system with checks and balances along our global supply chain,” Garfield comments.
List of Winners
The recipients of the Quality Achievement Awards for 2015 are:
- SQFI Auditor of the Year: Heena Patel, technical director, Supply Chain Food Safety Audit Services, SCS Global Services
- SQFI Trainer of the Year: Jeffrey Strout, technical services independent trainer, Mérieux NutriSciences
- SQFI Practitioner of the Year: Cory Robertson, quality systems coordinator, Redpath Sugar Ltd.
- SQFI Manufacturer/Distributor/Primary Producer of the Year: Publix Super Markets Inc.
- SQF Distinguished Service Award: Bill McBride, principal and managing director of Foodlink Management Services and SQFI Australia representative
Food Safety Management System
The Safe Quality Food (SQF) program is recognized by retailers and food service providers around the world as being a rigorous, credible management system. It’s also the only certification system recognized by the Global Food Safety Initiative that offers certificates for primary production, food manufacturing, distribution and agent/broker management. This enables suppliers to assure customers that their food has been produced, processed, prepared, and handled according to the highest possible standards across the entire supply chain.
For more information about SQFI, visit www.sqfi.com.